Colin is braver than I am. (Exhibit A)
I see it every day. While this situation we are in has completely stunned me--left me doubting most everything I am capable of--he is strong. He can see a bigger picture. While my mind can see and even understand what he sees, my heart is not as understanding.
While the church is still true and I love Colin with all my being, there is still an ache for what should be--an ache for what we should have been doing with our lives at this very moment. We knew it was a good and right thing to do. Now, I'm afraid this ache will never go away.
We are happy. Especially when we are together. But we are just almost better. Or maybe it's just me. I'm almost better.
But it'll be a while yet.
Love you Ames.
ReplyDeleteWish there was something I could do to help.
Hugs to you, sweet Amy.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't seen you two in a while. Want to come over for dinner?
I understand the hurt. I had such an experience of rejection about 20 years ago and it still hurts when I think about it. But after awhile you don't think about it quite so often. Love you!
ReplyDelete