Changing gears-- I read this quote recently:
"Opportunities flit by while we sit regretting the chances we have lost, and the happiness that comes to us we heed not, because of the happiness that is gone."
-Jerome K. Jerome
I am happy. I know I am happy. I am so happy to be with Colin. I am so happy to be coming closer to the goal of graduating. I am so happy for the upcoming opportunities that await us as soon as we do graduate.

I had a girl tell me today that she thought I had a great attitude considering everything that has happened. She said that she was impressed I can be so positive and supportive of things despite everything that has happened. I laughed at her, thinking maybe I'm a better actress than I thought. Probably not...
I still have the heartache--that heartache from missing out on something thought to be right. The lack of interaction with certain people is slowly crushing my heart. I want to throw something every time I get an email from a certain director because he hasn't taken us off his email list yet. And even still, I cry over this. It usually comes when I least expect it- sometimes when I am driving from student teaching, sometimes when I am doing homework at 3pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday, and every time I get one of those emails.
I am happy though. I just can't help but feel that I could be a small bit happier.
I totally empathize. And your heart probably won't every heal. But it will be filled with other things to love. My policy is to focus on the good and ignore, as much as possible, the crummy stuff. You can block emails from that particular email list.
ReplyDeleteBTW I have a piano student that I make cry every single week.
Love you! And you look beautiful in that picture!