Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amy's Birthday

It was a wonderful day. Colin spoiled me.


Best comments from second and third graders on that day:

"You're married?! How many kids do you have?"
"None, right now."
"None?! You can have me!!!"
(from little James, who I would take home in an instant if I hadn't already helped him to write a Valentines letter to his dad. He loves his dad. Dang it...)

"How old are you now?"
"How old do you think I am?"
"A teenager."
"(laugh) I'm 24 now."
"You're 24?!? That is so old!" then "That isn't as old as my mom. She is soooo old. She is 31."
(Oh my, I thought I would die laughing...)

So, while I couldn't take James home, and I felt really old for turning 24 (which I know I'm not, it just sounds so old when third graders say it...) I had a wonderful day.


We started by reading this book in the morning. I. Love. This. Book. Love.


My second graders, along with my cooperating teacher, threw me a party at school. Doubly special because they were having their Valentine's party. Complete with balloons...


...a large birthday card...


...and every student in Mrs. Anderson's class made me a birthday card. :)
(I'm "coot")


Colin surprised me with flowers! (note: this is a big deal for Colin)






We finished the night with fondue, family and friends. Love.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated, Amy! I'm glad you had a great day. I'm super glad you have so many people to throw parties for you. I'm super duper glad you had fondue because that just makes life complete. Good thing since you are so OOOOLLLLLLDDDDD!

    ReplyDelete