Friday, August 26, 2011

August

Colin and I are in Virginia now! We have a place, and have started to try to put it together--try being the key word...

We got here, and I spent 3 solid days cleaning. It looked something like this:



Please notice two things: 1) the checkered floor in the kitchen. If that doesn't say happiness, I don't know what does. and 2) the cheerful afternoon sun streaming in from our westward facing window--the room is yellow already, and it makes the whole place look like a photograph from the 70's. I love it!


Then-- the movers came. It was lovely not to have to carry a single piece of furniture or box inside. I had a checklist and I just told the movers where to put everything. Once Colin and I started to unpack, though, it started to look like this:




Colin had a stroke of inspiration. He put up on Craigslist that we had free moving boxes for anyone who would come get them. Within an hour, all our empty boxes were gone! Brilliant!

Now, we just have to give everything a home. As the moving guy said- we have a lot of stuff... But pictures will come as soon as it is presentable :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your cute place!!! The kitchen is adorable and I want your room with the cute stairs and yellow walls.
    Brian (and I) love Colin's stroke of inspiration...well done.

    And I miss you...a lot. Come back. But for now, keep posting cause I like to see and hear what you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that floor. Adorable. I have always wanted a black and white checkered floor. Looking forward to visiting you in your cute place....someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for white cabinets and the cute floor!! lets get together again soooooon!

    ReplyDelete