Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A.M in the Car

5: something-- Colin's alarm goes off, he turns on light for scripture study

6:00-- turn off own alarm and go back to sleep

6:45-- roll out of bed

6:55-- head to work with Colin

7:20-- drop Colin off at office on base (about 13 miles from home)

8:10-- arrive home, brush hair, get dressed, it starts to rain

8:20-- out the door, no breakfast, to head to 10:00am doctor appointment in Bethesda, Maryland, GPS on phone says 54 minutes to destination, taking I-495 beltway

9:01-- pass Braddock Road (9.7 miles away from home), GPS on phone says 58 minutes to destination

9:12-- pass next exit Little River Turnpike, rain begins to pour

9:34-- almost to next exit, Arlington Blvd, GPS on phone says 46 minutes to destination, I technically should be there in ten minutes

9:47-- call appointment line to cancel and reschedule appointment, pass Arlington Blvd.

9:55-- actually talk to appointment staff, find out today's 10:00am appointment was not even scheduled at the Endocrinology Clinic in Bethesda, but was scheduled as a primary care visit at Andrews, so even if I was at the clinic in Bethesda I wouldn't have an appointment to see the doctor I need to see

9:59-- reschedule appointment at Endocrinology for October 30, finish call, begin tears, GPS on phone says 35 minutes to destination

10:04--  text Colin, approach next exit for I-66, re-route GPS for home, estimates 39 minutes to home, continue tears

10:16-- begin exit to Leesburg Pike (16.5 miles from home) in order to turn around

10:18-- head south on I-495 beltway to go back to Alexandria home, rain continues to pour


10:41-- park car at home


11:10-- finish blog about my morning in the car


projected 11:15-- change into pajamas, drink some hot chocolate, and go back to bed

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes life is just like that. I hope your hot chocolate was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wrap up on that one was perfect. Somedays you just have to go back to bed. I'm so glad you could. Sounds like things worked out fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's what you meant about military medical. Not to mention the freeways. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete