Sunday, January 6, 2013

Clutter

I've been observing other people's decorating choices of late. I knew we have a lot of things hanging up on our walls, and sitting on our tables and things, but I didn't realize how much until visiting friends in our ward the past couple months.

We have some 26 wall spaces in our apartment, maybe more depending on how you may define wall space. Only 5 of them don't have anything hanging on them. Three of those five are walls with very large windows and very large window treatments. The other two are in our entryway/hallway and have doors in them.

But when I say our walls have things hanging on them, I don't mean one photo or painting. I mean- we have stuff hanging on our walls.














Both Colin and I come from families that hang stuff on our walls. But after our dinner tonight where in all the house I saw only one thing hanging on one wall, (and in visiting others who have similar decor- if any) I wonder if we have crossed some aesthetic line... Or do we just have too much stuff?

3 comments:

  1. Hang up things that make you happy. I love being surrounded by things that make me happy. Beyond that, who cares about aesthetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things you've hung on your walls celebrate you and Colin - what you've done and what you love. Maybe your friends haven't experienced that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. You're friends probably just aren't as interesting as you are ;)

    ReplyDelete