Monday, May 13, 2013

A Bit Belated

This post, inspired by Emily, is late.  But I wanted to share. 

Lessons I've Learned from My Mom:


- Cookies are made from scratch
- Everything can be improved
- A clean house is a happy house
- Laugh at your husband's dumb jokes
- Support family in the things they want to do
- Take piano lessons.  Or dance lessons.  Or do choir.  Choose what you want.

- Service is as much intent as it is action.
- Service is a daily activity.
- Serving someone is loving them.
- Make up covers acne.  Sort of.
- Always be modest.  It's classy.
- I am a child of God
- The home is the happiest place on earth.
- Disneyland is the second happiest place on earth.
- Always wash your hands
- Prayer works
- It's ok to rely on others when you need help
- Travel is better than toys. The memories last longer
- Keep family traditions
- Make family traditions
- Don't microwave butter when baking.  Unless it's Lavonne Maloney's bread recipe
- Dont go into gift shops.  Too much temptation
- Read your scriptures every day
- Study the Ensign

- Always wear sunscreen
- Don't get your hair stuck in a round brush
- How to get your stuck hair out of a round brush
- Gold and silver can go together
- Take pills in a spoon of jam.  "A Spoonful of Sugar" and all that.
- Molasses is good to eat by the spoonful.  As is butter
- Don't pop your knuckles
- Sex is great
- Always wear a slip
- Watch General Conference- all four sessions.  Always.
- Know how to sew.  At least a little
- Take photographs and display them
- Adoption is awesome
- Family is forever


Happy Mother's Day to my mom. :)



5 comments:

  1. I love your mom :) One of the classiest ladies around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Miss you Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful! How lucky your mom is to have you and Emily (other daughters too). How lucky you all are to have her. What a perfect family for Colin to have married into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read back through the blog posts I hadn't seen for a while. I like your new picture and background. And I'm glad to see you have been happy lately. I love Mom too. And I'm glad you are coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this?! Loved it so much! Love you too.

    ReplyDelete