Dear Colin,
Yesterday the floor re-finisher guys were asking about how I got wrangled into being here while the floor is being done. I explained that I was just visiting family while you were deployed. He asked how long you had been gone, and I answered.
His next question, "How is that?"
I have always tried to be honest when people ask things like that. But it's not like I can spill my guts to this guy I just met Monday who really has no idea what it is like to be in this situation. So my answer seems to always be the same.
"We are blessed that it is only six months." "It's not fun, but it's going ok." "I'm fine."
I had a friend tell me that she experienced what she termed as "Emotional Constipation" when her husband was first deployed. Being emotionally numb. But then the tears come.
I think the last couple months I've been constipated emotionally. I've stayed super busy, and continue to be. I have a lot of family and friends to visit and a thesis to revise. But this week, I am alone. And the constipation is over. I now seem to have the opposite issue. I can't seem to stop being emotional now.
I miss you. I hope the next four months go by faster than the last two.
love.
Yesterday the floor re-finisher guys were asking about how I got wrangled into being here while the floor is being done. I explained that I was just visiting family while you were deployed. He asked how long you had been gone, and I answered.
His next question, "How is that?"
I have always tried to be honest when people ask things like that. But it's not like I can spill my guts to this guy I just met Monday who really has no idea what it is like to be in this situation. So my answer seems to always be the same.
"We are blessed that it is only six months." "It's not fun, but it's going ok." "I'm fine."
I had a friend tell me that she experienced what she termed as "Emotional Constipation" when her husband was first deployed. Being emotionally numb. But then the tears come.
I think the last couple months I've been constipated emotionally. I've stayed super busy, and continue to be. I have a lot of family and friends to visit and a thesis to revise. But this week, I am alone. And the constipation is over. I now seem to have the opposite issue. I can't seem to stop being emotional now.
I miss you. I hope the next four months go by faster than the last two.
love.
Oh Amy I'm so sorry. You are incredible. I could never do that. Keep truckin girl and stay busy. Lovees from the Rach!
ReplyDeleteHow lucky you are to have someone you really miss. And who misses you just as much. It's an incredible blessing.
ReplyDelete