Saturday, October 19, 2013

Becoming an Adult

Dear Colin,
Up to now I have always felt that I was playing house. Pretending that I was an adult when I felt that I was actually still four years old with a play kitchen. Today, I officially became an adult.
It didn't happen when I graduated high school. It didn't come with a first kiss. It didn't come with college. It didn't come with getting married. It didn't come with moving away from family. It didn't come with a husband's deployment.
It came with going alone to the American Folklore Society conference in Rhode Island. It came when I presented a paper to other folklorists. The few people there were engaged and asked questions and made me feel like maybe I am becoming an expert in the field.
So it's official. I am an adult.




Love you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I was supposed to tell you #don'tsuck but I guess you didn't! Love from all us gals in CO. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete