Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Countdown Begins

Dear Colin,

Two weeks. Fourteen days. Can you believe it? That's only ten fingers and four toes.

I do believe this had been the most busy and least productive six months I've had in a long time. I've made a list.

- 6 months
- 4 Internet calling capabilities
- average of 1.6 times a day we get to call, generally face to face (I love technology)
- 8 different states
- 8 different countries
- 1 new guitar
- 1 new oud (rhymes with food)
- only 1 new pair of shoes (so far)
- approximately 60 books read (I know I have missed a few. Or a dozen. I've read a lot of books. Three in one day last week. New personal best.)
- 1 presentation leading to actual adulthood
- 300+ photos at Harry Potter related sites
- only 4 castles (surprising...)







- 3 high teas
- 1 new Christmas tree (surprise!)
- 1 phone that still works after 2 swims in 1 river and 1 shattered screen after falling 1 time in a walmart
- 3 doctors visits
-1 new medication
- feeling approximately 50% better than 1 year ago
- 1 sprained ankle
- 4 weeks of exercising every day (hooray! But followed by two months of lazy book reading and touristing...)
- time with 7 sisters
- 5 beaches
- 5 musicals
- 2 ballets
- 6 art museums
- 1 new set of scriptures
- 5(?) Thanksgiving dinners (did you have two? I had three...)
- 6 pies plus 11 mini pies
- 2 missionary parents







All of it adds up to too long to be away from a husband I love and some 336 hours until you are with me. 1 excited wife.

With 10 days r&r, 3 days Christmas in Berkeley Springs WV, 1 week in Colorado, and 1 week in California to look forward to when you get home. :)

Miss you. Love you. See you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! Send me the names of the good books you've read, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo!!!! I'm SO SO SO excited for you two to finally be together again!!! It is long over-due. :)

    I am very impressed with your list...especially with the books you've read. I love to read, but am terrible at actually sitting down and reading (strange, I know). Do you have them on goodreads? I would love names of some of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete