Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Break

Man, it was wonderful. Doing absolutely nothing. Finishing the challenge. So great. However, as far as the challenge goes, I think the overwhelming thing I have taught myself to do is to binge on chocolate every time I just want a small piece. I won't be able to eat it for a whole week! Then I realize I can eat it whenever I want and should really put the chocolate away...

Anyway- quick update:
- Colin and I spent a most wonderful holiday season mostly in Draper or Cedar Hills. It is wonderful to spend time with family. :)
- I surprised Colin this Christmas. He loves me.
- The Carpenter family had an Iron Chef night. It was awesome. I hope we do it again. This time, Janet and Kristen are the cooks! I will watch and heckle instead of trying to make biscotti.
- Yes, I have lots of photos, soon to be put up, but for now- a photo of our so beautiful tree in our apartment. It took over the front room:


The room looks rather empty without the tree now...


In other news, I started student teaching! And there will be many posts about all the funny things that kids say to me. Today, for example:

"Mrs. Slade, did you have a baby?"
(awkwardly pausing...) "No... I did not..." (small laugh)
"Oh. I must be mistaking you."

Mind you I met most of the children for the first time this week... Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited to hear about your student teaching. And I have something for you from Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see the tree. And happy that you are enjoying student teaching. I bet they love you, kids and adults.

    ReplyDelete