Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Accomplished and Complete

Complete! Done, ended, concluded, finalized and finished. Well, almost.

Yesterday was my last 'final.' I had an interview with Miranda to finish up this semester. We talked about all the final projects I had turned in, and she brought up the discussion we had in December. That ended up being over half the interview--her talking about how she felt that her "letting me know how I am perceived" must have had a great effect because I have received nothing but good reviews from all my other supervisors (cooperating teachers and Elicia who comes and observes me teach.) Miranda thinks she has created this defining moment in my life--that her talk with me was what made me reach the potential I "wasn't living up to."

As it was, I didn't respond. I've at least tried to move on from her belittling lecture. The only thing I would have wanted to accomplish by responding to her, was to help her realize that she was wrong. She was wrong to say all those things about me as a teacher and as a person. She was wrong to say all those things to my face. And she was wrong about her perception of me--it was completely skewed to fit some weird universe she must live in. However, listening to her talk, I realized that my telling her off would accomplish nothing. Maybe it would be nice to tell her off for being such a jerk, but it wouldn't have changed anything. So, it wasn't worth it to me. She can think what she wants, even if it is wrong.

Now, all I have to do is finish teaching at MMHS this week (three more days!), then there is a week and a half off (I get spring break for the first time since high school), and then GRADUATION!!! (I'm excited. We are going to Disneyland to celebrate.)


And I found this picture this morning. I love these girls

3 comments:

  1. And life after graduation is the best thing ever! I'm sad we aren't going to Disneyland with you guys :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be the bigger better person! Congrats on being done! (Almost) And have a blast in Disneyland! Jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your restraint. Don't think I could have or would have done that.

    ReplyDelete