Four years ago today I was married. I say it all the time, but I love Colin more every day.
We still hold hands. We still kiss. We have had a lot of practice with that, so I'd say we are professional kissers.
We still laugh at each other. We still dance together. We still tell each other everything.
I still look at him every once in a while and just think how handsome he is. He doesn't wear glasses now- which I used to think he looked weird without them. Now I think he looks weird in photos with glasses... His hair is greyer. I don't know what that says about our time together. He still can't grow side burns. He still wears flip flops as often as he can, a token of his mission in Tonga. He still sings to me, every day. He is my best friend.
As an avid Pinterest-er, I see all the pins about making your marriage better. I think- our marriage is pretty awesome, but maybe something will make it even more so. So I look. 100 ways to make your marriage rock. 5 rules for marital bliss. 60 things to improve your marriage. One thing that will change your marriage for the better.
To be honest, nothing in those lists are things that we don't already do. It's true. We have been making our marriage rock since the beginning. So while those lists all have nice ideas, nothing out there has been a new tidbit of advice that will make our marriage better. Ours is pretty close to perfect. Is that bragging? Maybe we should make our own list.
Bragging or not- our marriage is awesome. And I wouldn't change a thing.
Love.
We still hold hands. We still kiss. We have had a lot of practice with that, so I'd say we are professional kissers.
We still laugh at each other. We still dance together. We still tell each other everything.
I still look at him every once in a while and just think how handsome he is. He doesn't wear glasses now- which I used to think he looked weird without them. Now I think he looks weird in photos with glasses... His hair is greyer. I don't know what that says about our time together. He still can't grow side burns. He still wears flip flops as often as he can, a token of his mission in Tonga. He still sings to me, every day. He is my best friend.
As an avid Pinterest-er, I see all the pins about making your marriage better. I think- our marriage is pretty awesome, but maybe something will make it even more so. So I look. 100 ways to make your marriage rock. 5 rules for marital bliss. 60 things to improve your marriage. One thing that will change your marriage for the better.
To be honest, nothing in those lists are things that we don't already do. It's true. We have been making our marriage rock since the beginning. So while those lists all have nice ideas, nothing out there has been a new tidbit of advice that will make our marriage better. Ours is pretty close to perfect. Is that bragging? Maybe we should make our own list.
Bragging or not- our marriage is awesome. And I wouldn't change a thing.
Love.



An awesome way to feel, Amy! I love when I get to FaceTime you love-birds. Glad to know you are as happy as you seem. Glad someone out there can love Franny like he deserves and he loves you right back! You are both awesome!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. I love you both too!
ReplyDelete