Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference


Dear Colin, 

Don't you love General Conference weekend?  I do.  It made me just think of all the things I am grateful for, like:

- You
- Our nearly perfect marriage
- This chance to spend so much time with family
- The easy access we have to scriptures and the words of living prophets
- Books to read and movies to watch
- Photos to take and paintings to make

I think most of all I learned that I am grateful for the trials of the last couple of years.  I have learned to slow down.  To focus on the things that matter most.  No, I was not able to get a job, to clean the house, to work on crafty projects, to cook dinners, to run around DC with you. I wasn't able to exercise at all, I slept anywhere from 11-13 hours at night, and needed an hour or more nap in the middle of the day usually. I was only able to really do one thing a day.  But I was able to work on a Masters degree and spend time with you, even if it was doing nothing.


I am grateful for people who understand that sleep can be a trial. That low thyroid can cause major issues.  That less severe physical trials are still hard.


I'm also grateful that I have never felt like a second rate citizen in the kingdom of God because I am a woman.  I have a testimony of the Gospel even though there are things that I don't fully understand yet.


I am grateful that you understand me better than I do sometimes.  And I'm grateful you love me, despite my flaws and trials.  


Love you.

3 comments:

  1. Did you design the quotes? They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I love these quotes! I wrote down some of the same ones. My favorite from Elder Holland was "One day, dawn will break brightly." Such a happy prospect. You're amazing! I can't wait to see you Monday.....right?!? Oh and William is definitely obsessed with his ninja turtle shoes. As in he carries them around like a butler with a platter to show me. Obsessed. I love it. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete