Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Checklists

Confession: I have a fetish for paper. For many things really, but for paper especially.

I have another fetish. It's for office supplies. My favorite shopping trips are the ones where I get to go buy new pens and notebooks, and paperclips that I never really ever use...

And I love folders. Even though I could get away with another year of using the folders I used last year, I love getting new folders. I've learned, however, that 25 cent folders hold papers just as well as 2 dollar folders. Curse of being married: you are constantly aware of how much money you are spending, or what you shouldn't be spending...

My office supply fetish this past week has been with Post-it notes. (Ok, so I've always been obsessed... ask Emily...) I just love being able to stick little notes everywhere and they are so bright and colorful! Who could resist that?

Another fetish: making lists.

I make a lot of lists. Mostly of things I need to do. A lot of them are homework related lately... Go figure. But here is my planner...




Last week it was far worse as far as lists go. I had half my finals due last week, and a big dinner to plan for all of the teams on in the Folk Dance club, so this week isn't half bad when I look at all the things I need to do... But doesn't it look so happy?! I think that the post-its have made me significantly less stressed than if I was looking at one black and white list with all the things I need to do before tomorrow. (if you look close, write a blog post is on one of the lists, so I can check that off!)

Sometimes, I will write things on lists that I already know I will not forget. Such as, today I knew we were going grocery shopping, but I wrote it down anyway so that I could have the satisfaction of checking it off later. When about half of the things on a list are crossed off, I inevitably have to create a new list, because I have more things than fit on that old one...

By this weekend, I will have everything checked off of that list! All my final work is due this week, I have one final during finals week, and that's PAC, so it doesn't count. Happy blank planner days are comin'!

4 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart. Office supplies? Love them. Post it notes? Hmmm mmm. Lists, especially the ones where I add things just so I can check them off? Oh yes indeed.

    Good luck getting a blank planner days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to know what to get you for your birthday from now on. Perfect. I am a digital list girl. Love my iPhone "Notes".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog post made me smile and brightened my day. Thank you! I could hear you saying that you love paper and lists and see you scribbling on brightly colored postit notes. The scene made me happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just don't check me off your list. :/

    ReplyDelete