It wasn't that bad. I still have another semester to work on her. If I decide she is worth it... (I would also like to opinionize: yes you teach at BYU, but there are definitely times where you cannot claim inspiration or scriptural references as reasons for an action or lecture. It comes down to ethics-how things should be done, because it is the right thing to do. I've had several of these experiences lately and I'm tired of it. BYU is a school. Run by the church yes, but that doesn't give rights to those people who take advantage of the ability to say "the spirit prompted me to be a jerk"... That's all.)
Curriculum Project- Not even close to complete.
For my Curriculum class, which, incidentally has been a fantastic class, our final project is a huge curriculum Unit of Instruction. I don't know how to explain it other than it's a lot of writing. I had to choose a class that I would like to teach and make a course curriculum for it, and add a whole bunch of other things to it and voila! A Unit of Instruction...
Bad explanation, I know. But I've been working on it all semester, and the past couple weeks, and every time I sit down to work on it, I find more things that need to be included and fixed. Last week I was about 70% done with it. Today I feel I am about 45% done with it... It should be the other way around...
Challenge- one week to completion.
I am at a breaking point with this one. So far, I've had the self-control to be ok with one day of sugar a week. The first week was rough. But the rest were alright.
This week is awful. Every where I look there seems to be only sugar screaming at me to eat it. There may be an entire table of salads and yummy potatoes, but the cookies are demanding their attention. There may be the most amazing glazed ham with swiss-cheese on rolls, but the baklava is tantalizingly swimming in my vision. I stalk food blogs- including the food network- and everything is Christmas cookies.
So- here are my cravings (not only to eat, but just to bake- just to be able to make them without feeling like I've sinned....)














I can't even look at grocery ads. In case you wanted to know- Stephen's Hot Chocolate is on sale at Macy's. Ice cream is on sale at Fresh Market (it's December...). Cinnamon glazed almonds, candy canes, crumb cake, and chocolate/yogurt covered pretzels are on sale at Sunflower Market. And you can buy brownie platters at Smith's.
It's all that my eyes want to see. One more week...
Less than a week on the challenge, actually. You still have one free day this week I assume so you just have to make it through two days. Then next week all you have is three days to endure. You get your regular free day (take it on Thursday), then Christmas Eve and Christmas are free and then you technically get another free day for Sunday because I said the challenge ended on Christmas but I have to include Sunday as a free day to make the points even. ONLY 5 MORE DAYS!!!
ReplyDelete