Sunday, November 27, 2011

comfort

Dear Colin-

Two more weeks til you are done with this training.  14 days.

When you left, I had to find things that were comforting--as the initial separation is one of the hard parts. (the week after is hard, the week before I get to see you is harder... I guess it's all hard...)  I came up with a list of things that comfort me when you are gone:

- flaming hot cheetos (I can blame the runny nose and watery eyes on that I guess.)
- Dr. Pepper--aka liquid heaven
- pillows that smell like you
- the winking Christmas tree that we put up this weekend
- the Next Iron Chef
- wearing your Star Wars jacket
- watching Friends
- reading good books

And I did them all today.  I have to find new comforting things to do tomorrow.  Does homework count?

I love and miss you-
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read one of your sweet blog posts to Colin I want to cry! I don't know how you guys do it. Being apart sucks. It's terrible. I'm so sorry he's been gone for so long :(

    ReplyDelete