Saturday, February 11, 2012

Appalachian Clogging

I'm taking Appalachian Folklore this semester.  I'm super excited.  My teacher has been emailing me links to what she thinks I would be interested in for my research project.  She introduced me to D. Ray.  



I. Love. Him.


Colin's got some competition...

4 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about clogging. But when you say he's from "Western West Virginia" it paints a pretty clear picture!

    Fun to watch. Tell Franny I thought that WAS him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where Ground and Hog rhyme :) He's good but the video cracked me up, 'specially the board over the holes in the dirt with the chair missing its vinyl and the shiftless, ahem shirtless, man in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! I can totally see the Irish connections of sean nos in there (buried very deep, but still there I). I love dance!! When you choreograph a flatfoot dance, please sign me up to learn it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I think I am in love too. So fun to read what you are up too love Suzanne

    ReplyDelete