When the love of your life finally comes back into your life, blogging is secondary. Now that he is back for seemingly good, I will update more regularly... (in case anyone really cared...)
Last night, Colin fell asleep at like 10. That hasn't happened since school last April, really. We were the get-to-bed-at-10-pm-wake-up-before-6-am type students. (It sucked really...) But we got out of that habit pretty quickly when summer started. Colin still has to get up early, but he always manages to stay up to at least midnight.
Not last night. He fell asleep so quickly, that I had barely enough time to close my eyes before the snoring began. And so it began- the trying to sleep while he was bellowing in my ear about how asleep he was. I don't remember the train of thought I had, but I kept thinking of all the little things that I know so intimately about Colin that no one else does:
-Colin snores, yes. But did you know he sometimes talks? Most of the time it is some made up language that must make sense to him because he talks with such assurance. Other times there are sentences that are made up of words that I understand, but not in coherent sentences. Sometimes there is laughing, and sometimes there is yelling. I always laugh.
-Colin has a spot on his left elbow pit that if you tickle it, his jaw starts to hurt--like you just ate a really sour candy type hurt. He always has to rub his jaw to get rid of it. It's fun sometimes to see how long he can last with tickling his arm without rubbing his jaw... Ok, it's just fun for me.
-Colin is an expert winker. ;)
-Colin does the dishes most every day. I love that.
-Colin is a wonderful singer. I'm sure many people know that. But most
people don't know that besides a handful of church hymns, Colin doesn't
know the complete words to one song. Not a one. He may argue, but I
maintain that on a first try, he doesn't know one song.
There are more, but those are the ones I thought of last night, while trying to get to sleep despite the snores of the one I love...
Love it. A blog post worth reading.
ReplyDeleteNext time he has you up with his snoring, gimme a call and I'll commiserate with you. Seeing as how I'll be up listening to Spence snoring.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back! Neither does Colin's dad knows all the words to any song - must be genetic. Since they both sing very well.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha... so funny! And PS.. I just learnt (I intended it to say learnt) that you have your OWN blogger-oo. Guess I'll have to go follow it. :)
ReplyDelete