I think we have it pretty easy. Six months isn't too long. You are in a safe place. We have the means for me to spend time with family. We get to talk every day- usually twice a day, and with FaceTime.
I'd say we are blessed. But it doesn't keep me from missing you.
Today my sister lent me her copy of my grandpa and grandma Dana's life stories. In it, both my grandma and grandpa share stories from their life- one being how they met.
They met on a bus from Salt Lake City to California. Evidently my grandma, after meeting my grandpa, told her parents she had met her future husband.
"I don't know how and I don't know when, but I know who."

The were married two years later- most of their courtship it seems was while apart. My grandpa had just enlisted with the Army Air Corps, and had different schools and training he was doing for those two years. They were married on July 14, 1944.

On July 15, 1944, my grandpa left again.

Yes, I'd say we are blessed.
Miss you.
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment