Friday, April 30, 2010

Bon Appetit!


Colin and I just watched Julie and Julia. Great movie.

I wanted to watch it because I felt chef-esque this afternoon. I made cookie dough truffles. And if you are thinking "that sounds divine," you are right. They are. I made them to surprise Colin with a 'we survived the first week of spring term' treat! I think we deserve it, between Colin's 9 credits and my 10.5...

You start with cookie dough-



(I have a recipe from the Food Network, so we won't get sow manila- no eggs!)




I got to use my double boiler to melt the dark chocolate, which I then dipped the cookie dough into. Just think of the months of exercising it will take to get rid of whatever I gain from licking the chocolate covered rubber spatula, which I then proceeded to use to clean the extra chocolate from the inside of the pan... Worth it. Definitely worth it.

The final result is this:




They are lovely. I can't say I am up to Aunt Laurie's chocolate dipping skills, but I think I can compare myself to Lucy when she works at the chocolate factory. :)

3 comments:

  1. that's not how you spell salmonella. :P but thanks for the truffles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like one. More than that and it would be years rather than weeks of exercising to get it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! You'll have to make them again when I come in August and bring Taylor to school!

    ReplyDelete