Monday, October 17, 2011

Bus or Car?

Dear Colin-

I take the bus to school.  There are definitely pros and cons to this:

Pros:
- I think we are saving money...
- I can get a full hour of studying done while on the bus
- I know where the nearest Ross is in this area
- I get the full experience of living in the DC area
- I made a bus buddy- his name is Jared and he is studying Creative Writing, having just finished his undergraduate work at the U. (I think he may have forgiven me for going to BYU, but only because he is originally from Texas...)  He is fun to talk about school with, but not really anything else...

Cons:
- It takes more than twice the usual amount of time to get to school
- I tend to get a bit carsick if I'm not sitting in the front of the bus
- I have to follow the bus schedule, as opposed to leaving and coming whenever I so desire
- The borderline OCD person that I am, I know it is dirty (exhibit a: ancient asian man in front of me sneezing last week without covering his mouth... I watched every bit of spit fly from his mouth and nose--like a slow motion movie in science class...)

It's a toss up as to what may be the better choice- take the car? or take the bus?  Right now, the answer is going to be take the bus. You should be proud because I'm risking infectious disease to save a few dollars.  I mean, really, who doesn't understand the concept of covering your mouth when you sneeze? Use your elbow pit! Isn't that what it is for? (I can't see any other use...)

That's all.

Love and miss you-
Amy

1 comment: