Dear Colin-
I didn't sleep in our bed the last couple of nights because it was too big and empty with out your elbow in my neck and your feet on my side of the bed. There was no one to steal the covers or wake me up with sleep talking nonsense. Instead, I fell asleep in the other room watching I Love Lucy and cuddling with your pillow because it smells like you. I will probably do the same thing tonight.
In order to keep myself busy I made a list of things I need to do before next week. However, I have lost all motivation in my life with you gone. So I took your suggestion and will now give myself rewards after certain things are done! Hooray!
After I clean the apartment--I get to shower!
After I make roast and bread--I can make cookies!
After I email all potential interviewees for my Tourism class--I get to watch an episode of I Love Lucy!
After I read all my English articles and write up my research assignment--I get to buy a new book! (I'm thinking Hooway for Wodney Wat... Or Wodney's Wobot...)
After I read the rest of my theoretically written Religion book, and my Tourism articles/book chapters, and write a rough draft of my paper for Tourism--I get a new pair of shoes! Hooray!
I'll just have to keep you updated as to how well this works. I may have a whole new wardrobe by Thanksgiving! ;)
I love and miss your face-
Amy
a whole new wardrobe? we don't have any where to put it...
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was I need to visit you somehow. My second thought, though slightly inaccurate, was: depression hurts, shopping can help! (like that one commercial?) But you're not depressed... just missing part of you. I hope you make it. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteColin is so lucky to have you, even when he's not close enough to hold you. And I love your if...thens or when...thens.
ReplyDeleteI think your plan is brilliant. And I am so glad you love my brother like you do.
ReplyDelete